Forget the morning rush with overnight heatless curls! These curls only require water instead of a curling iron and heat so your hair is less damaged and healthier. Following the three step tutorial below, you can create ringlets, tight curls, and even large bouncy curls depending on how many sections you divide your hair into to get the look you want.
If you’re ready to be a queen crowned in curls, save time in the morning, and give your hair a “break” without “breaking it with heat”, let's get started!
The steps to create beautiful no-heat curls:
- Add styling mousse to your damp hair (to help hold the curls) and create several small ponytails by dividing your hair into between 3 - 9 sections.
- Make sure to secure each section with a tiny hair tie at the base.
- Starting from the top of the ponytail, wrap your hair around the tiny hair tie until you've wrapped the entire ponytail, secure it with a large hair tie, and repeat on each ponytail.
- Go to bed and let the curls loose in the morning.
Bonus tip: You can create heatless curls with yoga pants. Part your hair like you did above and wrap the strands tightly around the legs of the yoga pants and secure them with a spiral hair tie. The spiral tie doesn’t create creases like elastic might. Now pull the bottom of each legging up over your wrapped hair and the butt part over your head (like a hat) to protect your hair.
Now that you know how to do heatless curls quick and easy, here are five ways to keep your heatless curls looking fantastic.
- Apply hairspray when you’re done to help keep your curls in place.
- Make sure your hair is dry before taking it down or the curls won't hold.
- Satin or silk pillowcases keep your curls intact and because they won’t get snagged as easily compared to fabrics like cotton.
- Use dry shampoo at your roots to add volume to curls that have gotten limp overnight.
- If you want your curls to last for a few days, pull your curls onto the top of your head into a loose bun (to avoid waking up with tangled hair) and revive your hair in the morning with a curl revitalizing spray to control frizz, add definition, and boost volume.
Sometimes our tresses just need a break, and what better way than with heatless curls? Now that you know how to create them, you can save yourself time and still have great hair!