Ready for a hairstyle that takes a minute to do, works for all situations from a classroom to a work meeting, and even the gym? The hair clip French twist is for you.
Because you can leave bangs in the front for face shaping, or go sleek on top, and there are hair clips available in all sizes, this style works for all face shapes, as well as lengths and hair types. Best of all you only need a claw hair clip to make it work.
But before you learn how to do this fun and fashionable style, here’s a few pro-tips to make it look better.
- Use an open claw hair clip instead of a traditional. The opening lets your hair’s natural beauty shine through.
- For thick and wavy hair, choose large size claw clips so they can hold your hair in place without your hair snapping them from pressure.
- Claw clips are the only types of hair clips that work as the claws will be able to grip below the twist and hold the coil of hair in place.
If you’re ready to learn this quick and versatile style, here’s how to do it.
- Run your fingers through your hair or use a hair brush to remove tangles.
- Collect your hair at the back of your head and pull it into a low ponytail.
- Take two fingers for thick hair and one finger for thin or fine and hook your hair with them around the base of the ponytail.
- Now begin twisting the hair so it coils into itself and the coil reaches around the crown of your head.
- If you have long hair, try tucking it into the coil or style it at the top.
- Secure the twist into place with a claw hair clip and style any excess hair at the top, or leave it as is.
It’s that easy to do a hair clip French twist, and this look can carry you through the day from work to class, running errands, or relaxing at home. If you found this hair tutorial helpful, subscribe to our blog for more.