If you’re ready to “bump up” your hair game with a fun look that is perfect whether you’re at work or a concert, the half-up half-down ponytail is the answer. And it works for both straight and wavy hair. Best of all, you can modify this look to match your style with braids or hair accessories making it work for any occasion.
The positioning of the ponytail is up to you. You can wear it high up creating a dramatic effect that demands attention, or pull it back for a more boho feel. And it is easy to leave layers or bangs in front to frame your face. The style is low maintenance and can last for a day to a weekend depending on which variation you create. And you can always add styling products to keep flyaways at bay.
To create this look you will need:
- A small hair tie
- A hair brush
- Curling iron or flat iron (optional)
- Hairspray and styling products (optional)
The steps to create a half-up half-down ponytail:
- Brush out your hair so it lays flat and is smooth.
- Begin pulling your hair back and gather as much as you’d like behind your head where you’d like to ponytail to begin making sure it lays flat against your head.
- Take your hair tie and secure it where you’d like the ponytail to begin and spread out the pony tail or shape it however you’d like the top portion of the style to look.
- Last, take the remaining hair and brush through it so that it is even underneath the ponytail above.
The half-up half-down ponytail only takes minutes to create, and you can get as creative as you’d like. If you don’t want the hair tie to show, take a strand of hair and wrap it around the hair tie, then secure it with a bobby pin. If you want a unique look, tie a braid and wrap it around the hair tie adding texture to the look.
For festivals and parties, it’s easy to add pops of color with weave and LED lights. You can also do a braided ponytail on top with a colored weave with either a traditional braid or a bubble braid with TELETIES. Flowers, pearls, butterflies, and other adornments are easy to add throughout the ponytail for formal events, or you can leave your locks looking natural with the traditional look.
The opportunities to style a half-up half-down ponytail are endless, and if you have a favorite using TELETIES, share with us on social media by tagging #TELETRIBE.