If you are looking for ways to highlight the shape of your face and accentuate your beauty, you’ve come to the right place. A braided ponytail pulls the hair off your neck and face while a braid adds glamor to any hairstyle (especially if you add gemmed stones, tiny flowers, ribbons, and other embellishments to your braid). This makes the braided ponytail perfect for the office, a yoga class, or a date with someone special.
Braided ponytails are an up-do that is easy to-do, and when you get good at them they take less than 5 minutes and only 5 steps to create.
Here’s how to do a braided ponytail.
You will need:
The five steps to do a braided ponytail are:
- Brush your hair into a high ponytail and tie with a hair tie.
- Create three equal sections of hair to make your braid.
- Cross the left section over the middle section.
- Now take the right section over the new middle section.
- Keep braiding until you run out of hair and tie the tips with a hair tie.
Once you master doing a basic braided ponytail, there are other variations you can use to keep your new go-to hairstyle fresh.
Other braided ponytail hairstyles to try are:
- Messy Ponytail with Lace Braid
- Three Braids to One Ponytail
- Long Pony with a Side Braid
- Hidden Braid Ponytail
- Undone Half Braid Ponytail
- Meta Braided Ponytail
- Fishtail Braided Ponytail
Braided ponytails are an easy way to highlight the shape of your face as your hair is pulled back, while keeping your hair from getting in the way. And there are hundreds of combinations and styling options to keep this look fresh. If you’d like more hairstyle tips and tutorials, subscribe to our blog below.